Wednesday, May 25, 2011

To Be a Butterfly

I wrote this last year. It's a little early in the season for it, but it will be here when the Butterflies come again.





To Be a Butterfly

Sweet, innocent, butterflies

Flutter and float amongst themselves

Beautiful, delicate butterflies

In the heat of a hot summer's day

Lazily they float

Excited then they flutter

Reflecting the rays of the sun

On their dark velvet wings

Splattered Polka-Dots

And even-spaced stripes

Only on them do they match

The world around them

Moves in mighty gusts

but the world of a butterfly

Is a breeze- slow and gentle

I want to be more like a butterfly

Without all the stress of the gusts

To be so relaxed would be pleasurable

How nice it would be

If I were

A sweet and innocent butterfly

Fluttering and floating

A beautiful, delicate butterfly

In the heat of a hot summers day.

~Emily Ferrin



No comments:

Post a Comment