Monday, May 23, 2011

What am I?

One drop falls.
Plink!
Ripple follows ripple
Reaching to the shore.

Am I the drop of rain,
Or am I the ripple?
Am I a leader,
Or am I a follower?

Is it better to act,
Or better to react?
Do I stand alone,
Or am I in a crowd?

Am I an important person,
Or am I just a number?
Do they care what I think,
Or is it better to stay quiet?

Who am I?
What is my purpose here?
How did it all end up this way?
Why do I feel so confused?
Where is my comforting friend?

Who is that man,
Over there watching me?
Who am I,
that one should care?

Help me friend,
To learn my part.
Help me learn,
The secrets of my heart.

Help me know,
What I should do.
Teach me what,
I yearn to know.

Unless you can help
I will be a stranger
To all I love
and even to myself.

Am I the ripple,
Or am I the rain?
Am I a number,
Or am I a friend?

One drop falls.
Plink!
Ripple follows ripple,
reaching to the shore.

Written by:
~Emily Ferrin

(Please give credit if you chose to use this for any purpose. Thank You!)

No comments:

Post a Comment